On 24th March we held our first annual “East Anglia’s Best Barista” competition as The…
As the popularity of coffee continues to rise, the UK coffee shop industry is set to see some exciting changes in 2023. Here are a few trends that are expected to shape the industry in the coming year:
- Sustainability will be a key focus: Consumers are becoming more aware of the environmental impact of their purchases, and coffee shops are taking notice. Expect to see more establishments using eco-friendly practices, such as compostable cups and utensils, and sourcing their beans from sustainable sources.
- Specialty drinks will continue to dominate: From cold brew to pour-overs, the demand for unique and high-quality coffee drinks shows no signs of slowing down. Coffee shops will continue to offer a wider variety of specialty drinks to satisfy discerning customers.
- Plant-based options will become more widespread: As more and more people adopt plant-based diets, coffee shops will offer more options for vegan and vegetarian customers. This could include plant-based milks, such as almond or oat milk, as well as vegan pastries and sandwiches.
- Online ordering and delivery will become even more prevalent: The pandemic has accelerated the shift towards online ordering and delivery, and this trend is expected to continue in the coming year. Coffee shops will continue to offer contactless options, such as mobile ordering and pickup, to keep customers safe and make it convenient for them to get their caffeine fix.
- The focus on health and wellness will continue: As people become more mindful of their health and wellness, coffee shops will offer more options that cater to specific dietary needs, such as gluten-free and low-sugar options.
Overall, the UK coffee shop industry is expected to continue evolving in 2023, with a focus on sustainability, specialty drinks, plant-based options, online ordering and delivery, and health and wellness.