On 24th March we held our first annual “East Anglia’s Best Barista” competition as The…
Do you want to prove you are one of the top baristas in the region?
Can you demonstrate your knowledge and skill effectively and quickly?
Prove it by entering East Anglia’s Best Barista competition judged by our independently accredited panel.
The top entries will be invited to compete at a live final at The Nest on the 24th March.
How to enter
All you have to do is demonstrate your knowledge of coffee and show off your barista skills by sending us video of yourself making two matching lattes.
Click Here to open the application form. Good luck!
Click Here to view an example video submission.
Why you should enter
If being named East Anglia’s Best Barista isn’t enough of an incentive to enter, we’re also giving all our finalists a prize and (of course) the winner, who gets a choice of either:
- A Gaggia home barista set up worth £1650 RRP
- Free coffee for your business for a year!*
The Live Final
The live final is Sponsored by Gaggia Espresso Machines, Brita Water, Brew-it Group and Mahlkonig, it will involve competitors covering 2 rounds of different barista disciplines.
- The order round. This will see baristas make an order of 5 drinks to the best of their ability and in the quickest time. Speed and consistency is key here.
- The latte art round. This round will see baristas pour two matching lattes, similar to the entry video but with both Dairy and Dairy Alternative milk.
The best barista with the highest scores across both rounds will be crowned “East Anglia’s Best Barista!”.
Rules and Scoring
All entries must be submitted by 12th March 2023. Finalists will then be invited to compete at The Nest in Norwich on the 24th March.
The following rules for the entry video apply:
• All portafilters must be empty and locked in groups before starting. All milk jugs must also be empty.
• All parts of the drink making process must be on camera with a close-up video of the finished lattes once complete, please also send a photo of the finished drinks.
• Production of 2 lattes can be in any size cup and with any shot size. Splitting a double shot is fine.
Judging will be based on the latte art; Technicality of the pattern, contrast of milk and crema, and how identical the patterns are is what is most important.
Take your time and produce the best lattes you can for a chance to be entered into the live final.